Sunday, October 5, 2008

Who knew!??

So, my father, a very quiet, soft spoken man. He never has much to say, and when it comes to sitting around the dinner table, never really says anything, he just takes it all in, what we have to say. I think some of it is that mom and I are very loud, hyper, talk fast, out spoken people, and we over power the table. Nothing to major. So we are sitting there we have Nathan a really good friend and Daniel and me eating dinner at Cheddars, and we are talking about the Debate and who all has come into town, and mom and I were so very excited about Tom Brokaw being in OUR city, and how we wish we could meet him. And what does my dad say....Well he starts into more or less a story, kinda. Anyways, it goes like this. "I remember....(this is how they start, if he ever tells a story)......I remember, one time when I was working in the White house, Diane always being such a WORK A HOLIC!" we grunted. "Well, one night she took us to dinner, a bunch of us, and she could use her work credit card for our dinners, so she orders like $200 bottles of wine for everyone, these bottles would be like $500 now. Well everyone knew how to eat drink and be merry" 

We are all taking in this story wondering who he is talking about.....Diane!? Who is Diane!? THE DIANE SAWYER!!!!! All of our mouths dropped. My dad worked in the white house when Diane Sawyer and Tom Brokaw were working in the press in the White House. Meaning my dad has hung out with these people! I was so jealous! 

Anyways, I thought it was a neat story, and I would share. I wish he would tell more of his stories. He doesnt ever say much, but when he does is rather neat! And awesome!!!

1 comment:

b said...

my dad is like this too. very quiet, but when he does tell stories its really neat. like he used to have long hair and drive a motorcycle and go to led zeppelin concerts. HAhaha.