Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Dating Game (Strike Two)

Im sitting in my den last night, all alone watching TV and working on images (and happy). Nothing really good on, so Im not really paying attention, although I do love Law and Order SVU, so I did watch that. But as I am doing mindless entertainment and playing around on the internet (Im addicted to facebook, Im not gonna lie) I start to notice that EVERY commercial is about dating, and finding that "perfect someone" right now!

HOLD UP! STOP!

EHarmony.com, perfectmatch.com, truelove.com, singles.com, match.com, chemistry.com. And then there are the religious ones as well. 

Ok, So then, I am on facebook, yeah, ok, it says Im single, big WOOT! But since it says that I now have all these adds on the side of my page saying "Single? looking for that perfect someone?" 

WHEN DID WE ALL BECOME SO DESPERATE!!!!???!!!!!!!?????????????

What does it all come down too? GOD! enough said. 

I feel like everyone is in a rush, that in this day and age its a race to see who can find someone they can tolerate for awhile and marry them FAST! Then if it doesnt work out, well, then, DIVORCE! BAM! Give it up, take away the ring, tare up the marriage listens and burn the wedding album. We did not just say we would stick together "through good times and BAD, in SICKNESS and in HEALTH, until DEATH do us PART" Forget that whole line, find the next best thing and move on. 4 spouses later, and a ton of kids and MAYBE you will have found that "perfect someone"

SLOW DOWN! 

I know its tough to not have someone to date/think about marrying. My best friend is married, try that one on for size. Its me, her, and her husband when we are together, and one day soon, little ones pitter pattering around us. Most of the people I grew up with are getting married. I have hit that age where its "custom"? to marry. Its not a game.

I have more to say, but I just wanted to start with this. I guess all those dating commercials and adds have gotten to me. 



2 comments:

coffeemom said...

I know it's hard to be patient...but God's timing IS perfect and then it will all make sense and seem just right too. Hang in there and don't cave to the crazy pressure of 'should' from the media! Love M

Sally'O said...

Yes, it is all in His timing!!!!

I guess what I am trying to say is that everyone just needs to slow down and not be in such a hurry to be doing what the guy next door is doing.

I love my life, and I am so Blessed!! I dont want anything to change right now, it would get in the way of my family and those kids of mine that you let me see EVERYDAY!!!! Why have my own!?